People commonly use bicycles to commute to work or for recreational activities outside of work. Although we can prepare as much as possible to avoid injury from riding bike, there are always factors outside of our control. Unfortunately there are many things that can lead or play a factor in causing a bike accident. Injuries from a bike accident can be very detrimental and if the accident was caused by negligence from another party, the victim should at minimum be financially compensated for their medical bills, loss of wages and emotional distress.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a bike accident due to another party’s negligence you will need a Miami bike accident attorney. James Piccolino is a bike accident attorney that can help you recover financial compensation for your suffering.
Common Causes of Bike Accidents
- Drunk Drivers
- Uber Accidents
- Road Rage
- Street Defects
- Reckless Driving
- Hit and Run
What to do after a bike accident
- If possible, get yourself out of danger.
- If injured, call an ambulance and get medical attention quickly.
- Call the police if you are able to. It is always important to get official documentation of your accident.
- Make any notes related to the cause of your accident such as vehicle registration plats, if possible.
- Use your cell phone’s camera to take photo if you’re able to.
- Lawyer up! Your lawyer will be able to assess your situation and determine if you have a case. If a case is established you lawyer will provide you with guidance and help you file your claim.
- If contacted by an insurance company redirect them to your lawyer. It is best to not speak with the insurance company.
Because cyclist are sharing the road with vehicles that are much larger, injuries from bike accidents have the potential to be very serious. It is very important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible since time is of the essence. James Piccolino has experience representing victims of bike accidents and can help you or your loved ones as well.